10 tips to find the best Domain
Choosing the right domain is not always easy, here's ten tips to help you find the best domain for your new business!
- If you can, get a .com! There's a reason they're popular.
- Keep it short. Under four syllables is good, and two is perfect.
- If you can't get a good .com, don't worry. Get a short domain on an alternative TLD, and then buy the .com when your business is bigger and ready for it.
- Including keywords can work great for SEO. E.g. if you sell shoes, try to have "shoe" in your name.
- Hyphens are a bother to type. Think twice about using them.
- It's also okay to use an alternative tld if it's appropriate for your business: .io and .so for tech startups, .org for non-profits, .ai for AI focused startups, .me or .blog for personal websites.
- Use a name generator tool (like namy.ai) to find good alternatives if your first idea is taken.
- Make sure it's easy to pronounce. Even if you can get a short .com, you should not choose it if your customers can barely pronounce it. (e.g. krdnf.com)
- Check if there is an existing brand with a similar name. You don't want to confuse your customers.
- If you've finally decided to buy a domain, make sure to do it through a reputable registrar!
→back to the blog